UROP Presentation Opportunities
Every fall and spring UMD provides any University of Minnesota undergraduate student who has completed a research or artistic project to showcase their project at the UMD Undergraduate Research and Artistic Showcase. Students DO NOT have to be a UROP student to participate and they do not have a be student on the Duluth campus. All undergraduate students from any University of Minnesota campus are welcome to attend.
2023/2024 Academic Year Showcase Dates
Fall - Tuesday November 14, 2023 Sign up here
Spring - Thursday April 11, 2024
11:00 - 2:00
Oral Presentations in the Garden Room
Poster Presentation in the Kirby Ballroom
Set up day of show from 8:00 - 10:45
Registration for the spring showcase will begin in late January.
The fall 2021 showcase was featured on Fox21 news.
The Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) hosts the annual National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) for students. In order to attend NCUR, UMD students must have a UMD UROP project, apply and be accepted by their college to attend NCUR, and submit an abstract to CUR. If CUR approves your application, they will contact you of your acceptance and then you will be contacted by UMD. Travel and hotel arrangements will be made for you, there is no cost to students who are accepted to attend, Each year between 10 and 20 UMD students, attend NCUR.
NCUR is currently accepting abstracts, the deadline is December 8, 2023.
NCUR 2024 will be in Pittsburg, PA
University Digital Conservancy
Students may also deposit UROP project reports to the University Digital Conservancy, This counts as a presentation, a requirement for UROP project, it will publicize work, make it findable through Google and provide a secure backup with a persistent URL.
How to make this work:
- Go to the University Digital Conservancy (UDC): z.umn.edu/umdudc
- Click on the gold “Upload to the UDC” button and log in with your UMD credentials
- Select a collection: “University of Minnesota Duluth>UMD Undergraduate Research Opportunities (UROP)> UMD Undergraduate Research Opportunities (UROP)”
- Follow the prompts and fill in the form, selecting “Next” to move to the next page when needed
- For Type, choose “Presentation”
- Read the Terms of Deposit before submitting
- Click “Complete” when done and your work will be submitted!
- If you have any questions specific to the digital conservancy please contact Laura Vavrosky ([email protected])